Fluffy Sheep Quilting (the shop) has 35 different Kona Solids. So that each and every one of you can bring home a bit of this rainbow, the shop will offer fat eighth bundles of 8 Kona Solids later this summer. I would therefore like to open the chance to you, Fluffy Sheep Quilting readers, to create delicious bundle combinations in a mini competition. Are you interested?
Here's what you need to do:
- Head to the Fluffy Sheep Quilting flickr page where you'll see a photo set of Kona Solids. Choose your favorite 8 colors that you think would make a fab bundle.
- Use these images to make a photo mosaic of your proposed bundle of 8. If you need a bit of help making a mosaic, there's a mini-tutorial below that might help.
- Post your mosaic on your blog and then come right back here and link up your post with the linky below. Please, please, please be sure to list the Kona color names in your bundle somewhere in your post or photo caption. If you do not have a blog and would like to enter, just email your mosaic to me at fluffysheepquilting(at)gmail(dot)com and I can add it to the linky for you.
- You may make as many bundle combinations as you want and link up each and every one of them as a separate entry. The linky will request unique URLs for each mosaic, so you may have to write multiple blog posts to link several mosaics. Alternatively, you can upload them in flickr and use the image URL in your linky.
The winner of our linky will be chosen by public vote. Voting will be open on 9 July for 1 week. You're welcome to tweet, facebook, blog all about the contest trying to drum up votes for your bundle, but in the end the general public will make the final decision of which bundle they like best.
I am offering 2 yards of Kona Solids to the winner in any way they would like. If you want a full 2 yards of one color, that's fine by me. If you'd like a selection of FQs, that's also fine by me.
I will also be offering the top 5 combinations as fat eighth bundles in the Fluffy Sheep Quilting shop under your name. For example, if I won...which I won't...Fluffy Sheep Quilting will offer the Cindy Bundle. Or you can come up with what ever cheeky name you'd like...I'm just not that creative with words.
Start linking your mosaics today. This linky party will be open from 25 June to 8 July (5PM), giving you two weeks to create something spectacular. On Monday 9 July I will open the voting for 1 week. The winner will be emailed by me on 16 July.
If you are emailing your mosaic to me, it must be received by Thurs 5 July so I can do all of the behind the scenes stuff and get you into the linky in time.
Short Mosaic Tutorial
You can do this any way you'd like. My favorite is with Big Huge Labs. To create a mosaic with them:
- Follow this link to their website.
- Choose 3 columns and 3 rows to give you space for 9 images. You'll only use 8 of them.
- Go to my flickr page and view the photo set of Kona Solids. Just click here as a short cut.
- Click on the color you like. Click again so it's in a shadow box (black background with just the color swatch floating).
- Highlight and copy the URL link
- Go back to Big Huge Labs and insert the link in the "enter URL" box
- Repeat this again and again until you've inserted URLs for all colors you like.
- You can create/view/edit the mosaic using the buttons at the bottom of the Big Huge Labs page.
- Be sure to save the HTML code for your photo caption in your blog post OR write out your color choices so we have a good record of your favorites.
There's also a good tutorial here that you might like better than my brief instructions.
This linky is open to all international visitors. I will happily ship your winnings to you anywhere you may be. You must leave a working email for me in your linky upload to contact you. If you do not respond in 2 days after my email letting you know you won, I will go to the second winner.