Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Wrap Up

My holiday time in the US is coming to a close.  It has been just wonderful being here with my family, but I am also really looking forward to getting home to Galway to relax in our new house, unpack a bit and to start stitching again. 

There are just a few things to tidy up here on the blog before we close off this part of the holiday.  First, photos of a table runner that had to remain super top secret while it was being made:


I made this for my mom after loving the Modern Christmas Table Runner swap hosted by Susan at Canadian abroad.  So, I just kept stitching and made one as a gift too.  If I could do it again, I would not use the light colored prints at the star corners as you loose a bit of contrast that makes the star pop.  Beyond that, I am happy.  More importantly, Mom is happy.

(PS - you'll have to forgive me for the photo - I am  not at my computer and I am using software that I am not at all used to.  For the life of me I can't import this photo rotated at 90 degrees so that its hanging!  Arg!   Back to my computer tomorrow....)

No trip to the US is complete without a bit of fabric shopping.  I didn't go really nuts, but of course I have goodies to bring home....


Four Echo FQs.  I wanted more, but the shop only had 4 bolts from the 20 print line.  It will be like a scavenger hunt trying to find the rest as I have not seen them in Irish shops :)


Variety of FQs that just made me happy.  A little Riley Blake, Michael Miller (I think) and Joel Dewberry. 


Quarter yard cuts of Kona and Moda solids for a quilt I have in mind.  I needed a light, medium and dark of red, yellow, blue, green, orange and gray to go with the Kona white background.  I think these will work.  I am actually in love with them.  The only thing that makes me sad is this shop is filled with fabric rippers.  I hate that.  Hate the little hangy-off threads that get tangled and the off kilter piece you receive.  I'll get over it.


And finally.  The shopping extravaganza that will actually break my back going home....six (yes, SIX) yards of Warm and White.  What was I thinking!?!?  I wanted to buy some to make two design walls in my new quilting space, so it was going to happen some time.  Here, though, it was on a crazy sale so I saved tons of cash.  And it's hard to find Warm and White near me.  So I couldn't say no. 
That's the shopping news, ladies! Now I just have to squash it all into my suitcase! 

13 comments:

Kristi said...

lovely stars....I'm in love with stars right now!

Canadian Abroad said...

How on earth are you going to pack all that wadding?! Love the table runner and so pleased your mother does too. Look forward to having you home again and blogging regularly. You, me and Hadley need to talk!

Dianne Neale said...

I hate seam rippers too - unfortunatley the ladies at my local shop are demons at it! I must learn how to tell them not to in czech!

Catherine said...

perhaps you can wear the wadding home, as some kind of 'sophisticated' wrap!! You have some lovely fabrics there

Sarah @ FairyFace Designs said...

Oooh, lovely fabrics indeed and I love the runner you made for your mom!

And I am jealous of you and all that Warm and White, it is SSSOOOOOO expensive in Cork!

Manda said...

Ooo lots of squishing to do then! Table runner looks great! Safe trip back :)

Lynne said...

What great purchases. Have a safe trip home and enjoy the new house and the stitching time when you get there.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Hope you have a BIG suitcase!
Have a good flight home xxx

Nicky said...

Ooooh Echo - sigh - Like you I want more!

Will be glad to have you back!

Runner looks great and an interested to see what quilt you will be making from those solids!

Katie said...

I love the table runner! I'm bookmarking this as a reminder to make one for my table next year.

You have me curious about your solids quilt. Can't wait to see it!

Save travels!

Katy Cameron said...

Great job with the runner, glad your mum loved it :o) As for the fabric and wadding, happy squishing of your suitcase for the journey home!

Inspiredbyfelix said...

Great fabrics, those solids look especially promising! Can't believe you bought 6 yards...good luck getting it home :) x

Samoa Company Formation said...

So cute! Love your bright colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Label Cloud

241 tote all heart appeal antique applique apron art quilt aurifil award baby quilt back background bag basket batik bee Bee Blessed Big Stitch Swap bird's nest birdie stitches birthday blankets of love block blog blogaversary blogger bundle bloglovin' BOM book brit bee brooch bundle bunting business card holder camping cathedral window chain piecing chaos charm pack charm squares charm swap chickens Christmas class clothes color commission community community quilt contest craft craft fair cross cross stitch CĂșchulainn cushion design wall diaper Do.Good Stitches donation double wedding ring drawing dress eclipse election electronica embroicery embroidery eraser stamp exhibit fab fabric fabric tape facebook FAL farmers journal fat eight fat quarter fat quarterly feature festival of quilts film finish finish along flag flickr flying geese FMQ FNSI frame Free Motion Friday free motion quilting friends fugly Galway Galway Now gift giveaway goal goals goodie goodie swap granny mania granny squares graph guest blog guild hand puppet hand quilting hand sewing happy hat help hexagons hey girl hospital hot pad HST I Spy ICA improv innovation award inspiration interview invitation ipad ipad cover IPS IQFOI Irish chain Japanese key fob kind stitches knit knitting knitting and stitching kona lattice illusions laugh launch learning lecture Liberty linky list little star loops love on the blocks LQS Day magazine market medallion mennonite miniquilt mixer cover mod logs Mod Pop QAL modern blocks Modern Irish Bee modern irish quilters modern quilt guild modern quilt guild bee modern stitching Modern Stitching Bee monster mouthy stitches mug rug mural name name game name tag napkin needle book new york beauty newsletter Nieve notebook cover overlocker panel paper piecing patchwork pattern Pay it forward Peace Valley peanut butter perle cotton pezzy pizazz photograph PIF pillow pillowcase dress pin cushion pinwheel PJ placemat podcast polka dot pom pom portholes post pouch precut puffy pouch puppy purse QAL quilt quilt exhibit quilt frame quilt top quilter in the gap quilting Rainbow Charm Swap research retreat retroflower review sale sampler scarf science scrap scraps screen printing seams selvage sew and bee happy Sew Bee Blissful sewing machine sewing room shop significant sizzix sketch skirt solid spools stall stand star stargazing start your own stitched in color string stuffed super tote surprise swap swoon tablerunner teaching text thumb tack tiles top tote toy travel tree skirt tumbler tutorial twinkle twinkle twitter video vote walk wallet website win WIP wonky house yarn youtube zip

Total Number of Page Views