I am delighted to bring the entire Fluffy Sheep Quilting shop to the super fantastic Galway Local Food & Craft Gift Fair this upcoming weekend. I have been cutting FQs, creating bundles, stocking up on perle and I think I am finally ready for show time!
For those of you in the Galway area on Saturday or Sunday, please do stop in and support your local artisan. As you see from the press release below, there is something for everyone. I did a good bit of my Christmas shopping there last year and met some really wonderful crafters in our local area. You are in for a treat.
Pop down to stall D8 and say hi, please. You'll know me from the gigantic shelves of Kona solids and modern fabrics, from the gorgeous quilts hanging on the wall and from the bunting made at the latest minute possible.
PS - If you're not in the Galway area, I'll show you lots and lots of photos next week. You won't miss out...except for the shopping of course.
The Galway County & City Enterprise Board in conjunction with the Galway City Council; Galway County Council and The Galway Advertiser in 2012 held the very first LOCAL Food & Craft Gift Fair which showcased Galway designers, handcrafted goods and artisan produce. This year again, there will be over 40 stands featuring local crafts people and artisan food producers which will be held on the weekend of: in the Blackbox Theatre.
When: November Saturday 16th from and Sunday 17th from .
Where: Blackbox Theatre
These local crafts and food producers will be selling their products which will range from a selection of homemade and artisan foods; ceramics; jewellery; textiles; quilts; pottery; wood crafted pieces. Many of the crafts people will be giving demonstrations of their work at various times throughout the weekend and the Galway FM outside broadcast will be there on Saturday morning with Valerie Hughes.
There will be a children’s play area with Jumping Clay Galway who will have lots of workshops for your children so Mum and Dad can have some time browsing the many stands which will be showcasing the best of local Galway design, craft and food. There will be many other local products available to buy and gifts for any occasion.
The fair will have over 40 stands featuring local crafts people and artisan food producers which will include:
· Ambrose and Brid O’Halloran - Wood turners
· Away with the Fairies – Fairies in Jars; bags; cushions
· Bake – Cake Pops; Muffins; Cookies
· Boladh Mills Candles
· Bone Carving Studio and Gallery
· Bowl-a-granola – Homemade Granola
· Breege Walash Design – knitted accessories from lambs wool
· Coco Loves Flo – Textiles; Childrens clothes; cushions
· Curry & spice – indian Meals
· Denise Hogan – Glass products /paintings
· Fluffy Sheep Quilting – handmade childrens/ baby quilts
· Friends and Family Trees – Mounted prints and Hand Drawings
· Galway Hooker Brewery
· Galway School of Boatbuilding and Lettermullen Heritage Centre
· Goodness Cakes – Baked goods and confectionary
· Helen Griffin Ceramics – hand thrown earthen ware ceramics
· Juliet Ball Cloonmore Pottery – functional and decorative pottery
· Inishbofin Artisan – Seaweed artwork
· Katy G – Handmade teddy bears and dolls; cushions and handmade plaques
· Kinvara Skincare
· Kinvara Smoked Salmon
· Knit Spin Felt – handcrafted felt and knitwear accessories
· Lizzies Homemade Jam – Homemade jams and chutneys
· Lynsey de Burca – Silver contemporary jewellery
· Made In Aran – Furniture and handmade wooden accessories and gifts
· Louise Spokes – Art, glass; jewellery
· Matrix Custom Interiors – Solid timber picture and photo frames
· O’Rourkes Farm – Breads; Cakes; Christmas pudding; scones
· Olyart – Animated prints
· Pangur Ban – Quiches/pies/tarts/breads/
baked goods/woolly hats
· Mariposa Textiles – Fabric upholstery/original print Irish linen cushions/office organisers
· Reborn Art – Sculptures; Christmas decorations; lamps; kitchen utensils; gifts
· Roundstone Music and Crafts
· Solaris Teas
· Slow Food Galway
· Stephen Quinn – Blacksmith
· The Soap Room – handmade soaps; hand and foot creams; soap dishes
· The Friendly Farmer – organic turkeys
· The Loft Studios – ceramics and textiles
· The Cake Studio [Irene Bohan]
· Turnstone Pottery – Tamaru Hunt