I remembered a tutorial on Oh, Fransson from ages ago that got me started. After a quick read, I fussy cut five 3.5 inch squares of Melody Miller teacups and then the same of a red/white texty print that I don't know the name of. I also cut ten 3.5 inch squares of batting, matching each one to a top/bottom and securing it with a grid of stitching about 1 inch in from the edge.
I just matched right sides together, stitched three sides and then flipped them right side out and filled them three quarters full with dried soya beans. Before flipping, I did trim the corners off and cut away the batting that would have really bulked up the seams. They were then hand stitched closed. Easy peasy.
I do wish that I used something a bit heavier as a filling, but these will due for the time being. They do seem to work, though - they can at least hold down a little pile of LV fabrics in a Galway breeze. That's saying something!