Monday, March 28, 2011

I Think I Have the Hang of This Now

I went to my first quilt retreat this past weekend and had a really great time!  Oh, if you have not done this yet, you really need to give it a try.  I will get into more detail in a bit.

On my long, solo drives to and from the retreat, I did a lot of thinking about quilts and this blog.  I decided I want to do this a little differently.  Although part of my rational for writing a blog at all was to give me a bit of motivation to quilt and craft regularly just to have something to post.  In many ways this has been successful, such as with my sampler quilt.  However, I think I could use a little less motivation :) 

Instead I want to do each day as a different theme, like a mini-magazine where each day is a column.  This gives me a chance to post an update on each project or interest about once a week.  Enough to keep me going, but not enough to be pressure.  Sounds good to me if it sounds good to you.

I was thinking of this:
Monday - embroidery update.  I tend to do a lot on the weekend and it will give me a chance to get good day time photos to post.
Tuesday - tid-bits.  There's a lot to say - what's in my local magazine?  play lists I listen to while quilting? mistakes and mis-haps?  and on and on and on.
Wednesday - quilty works in progress.  I saw this on several blogs. I do not know who to credit with the idea, but it is a good one. 
Thursday - I am looking for an idea here.  Anyone have a suggestion?  I'd like to have regular interviews, but I do not know that many quilters.
Friday - product and book reviews.
Saturday and Sunday - off to create something to write about for the next week.  No new posts here.

How does that sound?  I am completely open to suggestions if I am missing something.

Now, more about my recent quilt retreat. I went to Dublin for Friday through Sunday evening with the Quilter's Guild of Ireland.  I'll give you an update on my new projects on Wednesday, but I wanted to give you a little preview of the eye candy displayed this weekend.  There was a quilt exhibition of mostly Irish quilters and their work was beautiful.  Let's do a few quilts a week...starting with these three fantastic examples:

Mary Palmer entered a quilt called Woven Paths.  Check out the quilting in the photo on the right!





















Maureen Kennedy presented a quilt called Star of Hope which was spectacular.



And finally (for today at least) there was an unnamed quilt by Moya Geraghty of Patchwork Plus that was designed by Moya herself and Mary Palmer.  
If that do not have you running to your sewing space right now, I do not know what will! 

Please leave a comment with suggestions for the Thursday column if you have an idea to share.  I could use a little help.

1 comment:

Rhonda the Rambler said...

Quilt retreat sounds great. I think your blogging schedule sounds great!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Label Cloud

241 tote all heart appeal antique applique apron art quilt aurifil award baby quilt back background bag basket batik bee Bee Blessed Big Stitch Swap bird's nest birdie stitches birthday blankets of love block blog blogaversary blogger bundle bloglovin' BOM book brit bee brooch bundle bunting business card holder camping cathedral window chain piecing chaos charm pack charm squares charm swap chickens Christmas class clothes color commission community community quilt contest craft craft fair cross cross stitch CĂșchulainn cushion design wall diaper Do.Good Stitches donation double wedding ring drawing dress eclipse election electronica embroicery embroidery eraser stamp exhibit fab fabric fabric tape facebook FAL farmers journal fat eight fat quarter fat quarterly feature festival of quilts film finish finish along flag flickr flying geese FMQ FNSI frame Free Motion Friday free motion quilting friends fugly Galway Galway Now gift giveaway goal goals goodie goodie swap granny mania granny squares graph guest blog guild hand puppet hand quilting hand sewing happy hat help hexagons hey girl hospital hot pad HST I Spy ICA improv innovation award inspiration interview invitation ipad ipad cover IPS IQFOI Irish chain Japanese key fob kind stitches knit knitting knitting and stitching kona lattice illusions laugh launch learning lecture Liberty linky list little star loops love on the blocks LQS Day magazine market medallion mennonite miniquilt mixer cover mod logs Mod Pop QAL modern blocks Modern Irish Bee modern irish quilters modern quilt guild modern quilt guild bee modern stitching Modern Stitching Bee monster mouthy stitches mug rug mural name name game name tag napkin needle book new york beauty newsletter Nieve notebook cover overlocker panel paper piecing patchwork pattern Pay it forward Peace Valley peanut butter perle cotton pezzy pizazz photograph PIF pillow pillowcase dress pin cushion pinwheel PJ placemat podcast polka dot pom pom portholes post pouch precut puffy pouch puppy purse QAL quilt quilt exhibit quilt frame quilt top quilter in the gap quilting Rainbow Charm Swap research retreat retroflower review sale sampler scarf science scrap scraps screen printing seams selvage sew and bee happy Sew Bee Blissful sewing machine sewing room shop significant sizzix sketch skirt solid spools stall stand star stargazing start your own stitched in color string stuffed super tote surprise swap swoon tablerunner teaching text thumb tack tiles top tote toy travel tree skirt tumbler tutorial twinkle twinkle twitter video vote walk wallet website win WIP wonky house yarn youtube zip

Total Number of Page Views