It was a bit of heart ache this weekend, but working through my "issues" was really quite satisfying.
When you saw this quilt top last, the center block was not the right size. It had to be trimmed down and the navy border added before adding on the square in a square border. That was easy enough to do. The square in a square strips fit PERFECTLY. Glorious.
I then added on the green border of FMF Eyelets. My other half suggested I go with a green for this border and I think he was right! I was going to go yellow, but I think I will save that for the binding. This border used every. last. piece. of Eyelet in my stash. It's bitter sweet.
I went on to create my own paper piecing template (using this tute) and stitched a scrappy LV triangle border alternating with saturated "monochromatic" scraps. I was pleased as punch....until I realized I mis-measured and my border was 1 1/2 inches too long for the green border!!! Oh, the frustration. On went another scrappy rectangular border and the triangles fit perfectly. My size issues are sorted for now, but the next border is going to be pretty tricky size-wise.
Another three sides of triangles to go and then four corner stones to finish off this 'round of borders. I can not wait to get stitching again!
Happy Saint Patrick's day everyone! Enjoy it. xx