Do you remember this little extension table cover that did not quite fit?
I finally installed a zipper to make it into a little pouch that I can use when travelling. It can easily fit inside my featherweight's case stuffed full of threads, bobbins and needles. I hesitated for a long while because I didn't have a zipper that coordinated with the spots on the exterior. I then got over myself and just choose a navy one that "vibed" pretty well.
I added a little coordinating zipper tab and held the zip in place with a piece of binding. I wish I had made the binding one continuous loop instead of feeding it back inside itself (like I do with a quilt binding), but this was all a bit improvisational (AKA learn as you go).
So there you go! It's finally off of my sewing table, tucked away with my complete travel set. Checking off number 3 from my FAL Q2 list.