Sunday, August 14, 2011

Deflated

Allow me 30 seconds of complaints, will you?  This weekend has not been the best quilting weekend for me and I keep looking for a way to turn it around.  Failing each time.  It made me think of Sarah's post earlier in the week.

I was quilting Lattice Illusions yesterday.  Somehow I made a mistake when layering the quilt, so when I tried to put the last 5 inches of quilting into the top (to FINALLY finish this puppy off), I realize the top had bubbled and I have more quilt top fabric than will lay flat in this small area.  Stinker.  Rip it out and start again.....

I lost my seam ripper at a critical time such as this.  Where could it go?  I searched high and low and finally found it stuck in my ponytail holder at the back of my head.  What is wrong with me?  So, I rip out my Lattice Illusions quilting and replaced the seam ripper in my ponytail (as that is apparently where I keep it now).  Did you know that a seam ripper will cut through hair?  Oh indeed it does!  I forgot to put the cap back on the ripper and I successfully cut a chunk out of my hair.  Awesome.

So, I gave up on quilting yesterday thinking that I would head out to a lovely craft show today in Gort.  I was up this morning, excited about seeing a ton of handmade goods, chores done and ready to go.  Wait!  With my luck this weekend, I should call to be sure the show is on....and no.  No.  They canceled, but never updated their website.  Stinker.  Another disappointment. 

I am off to Tuam (pronounced Tomb for the non-Irish....sounds like a place you would love to go, doesn't it?) now for a quilt show.  Maybe that will re-instate my quilty mojo.  Fingers crossed I come back jazzed and ready to quilt!  Tomorrow's post will be happier.  I promise.

9 comments:

Alli said...

Poor thing! I would have been so grouchy if I'd had to rip out so much quilting. All this bad luck means you're due for a run of good luck. :) I hope you have a great time at Tuam!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I'm sorry, I laughed.
I hope the quilt and hair recover soon, and you get your mojo back after the quilt show (yep, sure sounds like a bundle of fun place!) x

Canadian Abroad said...

Oh, poor you. Days like that suck! On the bright side, at least you phoned about the craft show. It would have been worse if you had driven there to find it not on.

Sarah said...

Sorry, but I did laugh out loud... I was just thinking "ohhh clever place to put the seam ripper" too...Maybe not!! Hope the bald patch isnt too noticable ;-) Rotten luck with your quilting though, hope you feel better about it all soon :-)

Zanymouse said...

Ugh, I hate it when that happens! And why, why, why does it take five times as long to rip out the stitches you so quickly put in?? Sometimes the best medicine is to take a deep breath and walk away for the day ~ to a quilt show. Tomorrow will be better :)

Katy Cameron said...

Sorry, I'm crying with laughter here, that would so be me with the seam ripper! Hope the quilt show made up for it...

Zanymouse said...

Please let your next post be How to Accessorize Your Hair With a Seam Ripper and Bald Spot ;)

Lynne said...

Ooo, not the best of quilting weekends! Hope it improves quickly!

Evie said...

Hello Fluffy sheep! Just saw this exhibition at the weekend - what a riot of colour & beauty. I'm a total quilting newbie so I might join the R.T.S. group to get me started. Love your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Label Cloud

241 tote all heart appeal antique applique apron art quilt aurifil award baby quilt back background bag basket batik bee Bee Blessed Big Stitch Swap bird's nest birdie stitches birthday blankets of love block blog blogaversary blogger bundle bloglovin' BOM book brit bee brooch bundle bunting business card holder camping cathedral window chain piecing chaos charm pack charm squares charm swap chickens Christmas class clothes color commission community community quilt contest craft craft fair cross cross stitch CĂșchulainn cushion design wall diaper Do.Good Stitches donation double wedding ring drawing dress eclipse election electronica embroicery embroidery eraser stamp exhibit fab fabric fabric tape facebook FAL farmers journal fat eight fat quarter fat quarterly feature festival of quilts film finish finish along flag flickr flying geese FMQ FNSI frame Free Motion Friday free motion quilting friends fugly Galway Galway Now gift giveaway goal goals goodie goodie swap granny mania granny squares graph guest blog guild hand puppet hand quilting hand sewing happy hat help hexagons hey girl hospital hot pad HST I Spy ICA improv innovation award inspiration interview invitation ipad ipad cover IPS IQFOI Irish chain Japanese key fob kind stitches knit knitting knitting and stitching kona lattice illusions laugh launch learning lecture Liberty linky list little star loops love on the blocks LQS Day magazine market medallion mennonite miniquilt mixer cover mod logs Mod Pop QAL modern blocks Modern Irish Bee modern irish quilters modern quilt guild modern quilt guild bee modern stitching Modern Stitching Bee monster mouthy stitches mug rug mural name name game name tag napkin needle book new york beauty newsletter Nieve notebook cover overlocker panel paper piecing patchwork pattern Pay it forward Peace Valley peanut butter perle cotton pezzy pizazz photograph PIF pillow pillowcase dress pin cushion pinwheel PJ placemat podcast polka dot pom pom portholes post pouch precut puffy pouch puppy purse QAL quilt quilt exhibit quilt frame quilt top quilter in the gap quilting Rainbow Charm Swap research retreat retroflower review sale sampler scarf science scrap scraps screen printing seams selvage sew and bee happy Sew Bee Blissful sewing machine sewing room shop significant sizzix sketch skirt solid spools stall stand star stargazing start your own stitched in color string stuffed super tote surprise swap swoon tablerunner teaching text thumb tack tiles top tote toy travel tree skirt tumbler tutorial twinkle twinkle twitter video vote walk wallet website win WIP wonky house yarn youtube zip

Total Number of Page Views